Friday, July 16, 2010

GRADUATION!!!!!!!

On Wednesday, my friends and I got to dress and parade around Preston, feeling all important and special. We were officially graduates! It's strange to have finished this journey, the three years went by soo fast. But along the way I made some really good friends, and it was awesome to be able to share this day with them (especially you, Alma). Gary, as the official photographer for the day took some brilliant shots, and I'm going to share some of them here (though these are just the untouched, strait out of camera shots - he's so much better than me, it drives me mad). 

So, as is usual for our crew we decided the best thing to do was register, collect our gowns and head to the pub! Gaz caught some cool candid shots:

Here we all are deep in conversation, though knowing us lot it was about the beer we were drinking. 


This is Rebecca, the newest member of our group, but truly I cannot imagine life without her now. She is an amazing person, solid, reliable, loyal and so frikkin funny! She made being stuck in Montana bearable and has been a great champion for me, fighting my corner even against me! lol. 


                                                

Then there's Richard, my buddy from the very beginning. I've shared so many trials and tribulations with him. He's sat next to me on the bus when I've been mad and ranting, he's laughed with me, and been a shoulder to cry on. He is quite simply my friend.



Then there's Claire, she's the clown of the group, the one who's always upbeat, who never lets the world get her down. Claire's a fighter, she's loud and unapologetic about who she is and I think this shot is so her (well done Gary)


And of course the group wouldn't be complete without Alma (she managed to avoid Gary's candid shots, but posed beautifully later). She wasn't with us this year and we missed her very much. Alma is the innocent one in the group, Rich and I often delighted in shocking her with our crudeness. She's a passionate person, who loves her friends very much, and I'm privileged to have her as a friend.

 

And of course, Gary got me too, though I spotted the camera,



I really enjoyed my time at university with these people and sharing the ceremony with them made it perfect.



Guys, wherever life takes us now, we'll always have UCLan! Love you!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment